Senior Electrical Engineer
The Location: Malaysia, Penang
Duration: 2 Year Direct Hire
Working Week: 45 Hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Start Date: Immediate
A leading global EPC company with a focus on the design and delivery of facilities. Well known for projects in semiconductors, biotech, pharma, and data centres.
Scope of work
- Leading constructing engineering for awarded tenders, including conformance to design and schedule through submittal review, weekly tender package meetings and coordination with other tenders; Experience with High Voltage (HV) switchgear 275kV, 33kV and 6.6kV and Low Voltage switchboards, motor control systems, transformer, generators, Diesel Dynamic UPS, Variable Speed Drive, Soft Starter, Low Voltage Busduct, Earthing and Lightning Systems.
- Review awarded tender submittals including equipment, commissioning plans and work preparedness plans, while ensuring coordination with environmental health and safety requirements, construction schedule, QA/QC, and commissioning.
- Prepare electrical variation and Field Change design packages including specification, bill of quantity (BOQ) and drawings;
- Preparing Client Change Request documents including scope of work narratives and bill of materials
- Lead commissioning activities with active client participation for systems such as HV equipment, emergency and DDUPS systems, Clean rooms, Industrial Facilities specialize in Semiconductor Wafer Fab, Data Centers, and Commercial Buildings;
- Responsible for ensuring to remain familiar with current engineering practices and engineering trends within the industry and to remain technically competent;
- Compiling lesson learned and briefing Head of Department (HOD), updating Lesson Learned register accordingly;
- Compilation and Review of Operation and Maintenance Manual & Quality Control Dossier for Projects;
- In the absence of a Project-based Lead Engineer, the Senior Engineer shall assume the role and responsibilities assigned to the Lead Engineer position;
- Mentoring of Electrical engineers on tendering, design and construction phase based on best practices defined in the engineering based on typical industry practices;
The Candidate Requirement
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma holders with additional 2 - 3 years’ experience unless equated with professional certifications
• 6 - 8 years of relevant experience
• 1 - 2 years additional experience for each higher grade of progression