Principal RSE Engineer
Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
We’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They make us unique, inspire our success, and guide our decisions and actions. The employee will be aligned to these values, striving at all times to be safe, ethical, innovative, responsive, quality and cost conscious and driven to deliver
- May work either as a lead RSE engineer or reporting to the lead engineer (larger projects) on a feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design or EPC project
- Can be technically responsible within a project for all RSE engineering work. Allocating, supervising and directing preparation of project deliverables. Subject to project size, will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking activities to appropriate competent personnel.
- Capable of formulating resolutions to technically challenging and/or high profile issues with support from consultant RSE engineer and effectively communicating with project engineers, project management, clients and senior management
- Supervises, reviews and checks the RSE activities
- Identifying and resolving discrepancies and divergences from original proposal/ contract by raising technical queries and/or identifying trends and changes within the framework of management of change
- Participates in factory acceptance tests
- Participates in multi-RSE engineering design reviews and provides all necessary RSE input and support to the close-out of actions
- Reviews ITB documents submitted as the proposal. Identifies a clear scope of work, prepares and reviews the man hour estimates, inputs to the project execution plan and schedule. Supervises preparation of the RSE TDR
- Can be responsible for the planning/scheduling the RSE activities and identify manpower requirements through the project. Liaises with RSE group manager for allocation of resources
- Ensures compatibility and compliance with client specifications and recommends cost effective improvements within the scope of client specifications and requirements
- Ensures compliance with Company ISO accredited QMS, and project specific procedures, guides and standards
- Contributes to employee performance development, identifies employee strengths and weaknesses and recommends and provides training and development requirements in consultation with RSE group manager
- May support group manager in the recruitment process
- Performs related duties as and when instructed by RSE group manager
- Typically supervises a team of RSE engineers to address all RSE specific requirements within the project which could be an Energy Transition/ Low Carbon (Hydrogen, CCS, Waste to Fuels) or traditional Energy project.
- Capable of performing duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets
- May undertake discrete specialist studies/ technology reviews under supervision
- Liaises with other disciplines to achieve design consistency
- Supports the project management team in planning and identifying technical issues which could limit progress or impact project budgets. Interfaces with the client
- Provides all necessary input and support to project progress and reporting
- Supports the RSE group manager with the development of RSE engineers and ensuring technical excellence
- Accountable to the lead engineer or project engineering manager (depending on size and nature of project) for delivery of RSE deliverables in the project environment
- The corporate reporting line is to respective RSE group manager.
- Leads the RSE activities in developing the RSE design within project budget and determining timing for resource requirements. Serves as the liaison for inter-RSE engineering involved in the project and is accountable for overall RSE related activities for the successful completion of project, on schedule and within manpower and budget estimates.
- Decisions limited to the scope of project requirements. Consults with supervisor on main issues of design, equipment specification and selection. May and make recommendations to RSE group manager on mobilisation of personnel and specialist 3rd parties if necessary.
- Supervises any number of RSE engineers in the project environment.
- Duties essentially performed in our offices. Time spent in production of deliverables, supervision, planning, co ordination, attending meetings and maintaining contacts. May be required to travel to other offices, client’s offices, vendor offices and attend site visits as necessary, in accordance with corporate or project requirements.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Post-Graduate RSE qualification. Chartered status preferred. Significant related experience of working for engineering/client organisations in the oil and gas or New Energy/ Low Carbon industry.
Excellent oral and written communication and skills.
- Exposure to consultancy, FEED/ detailed design and EPC projects
- In depth knowledge of applicable international and industry specifications, standards and codes
- Knowledge of safety and quality procedures and best practice
- Activity scheduling and RSE priorities
- Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Tactful in resolving issues
- Cost awareness
- Proactive approach.
- Alertness and attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines
- Planning and forecasting
- Analytical and problem solving mind set