Principal Process Engineer
Duration: 12-month renewable contract
Availability: ASAP (Notice periods can also be considered)
Remuneration: Hourly rate – negotiable dependent upon level of experience in €
Leap29 is currently seeking process engineers for a number of available vacancies, working within one of the biggest engineering companies in the Netherlands. We are looking for process engineers with recent hands-on technical (not project engineering) experience within the oil and gas industry, preferably in downstream sector – refinery and (petro)chemical.
The job skills required among others:
- Development of process flow schemes.
- Concept design and FEED.
- Preparation of process descriptions.
- Calculation and process specification of process equipment.
- Identification of overpressure scenarios and relief load calculations.
- Development of piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- Hydraulic calculations and process specification of lines, including deriving authority requirements. Calculations and process specification of instrumentation such as control valves, pressure-relief valves, and flow instruments.
Training and Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or related field.
- 15 years of recent hands-on technical experience in process design for projects in refinery and/or (petro)chemical sector.
- Experience with revamp type (brownfield) projects is preferred, however excellent Greenfield project experience will also be highly considered.
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills, be a team player, be able to work independently, be pro-active and have a problem-solving attitude.
- Proficient knowledge of the English language, both oral and written, is required.
- Knowledge of the Dutch language is also desirable but not essential.
Driving license and willingness to drive in The Netherlands has strong preference in view of visiting to client locations.
For the currently identified vacancies the work location will be based in Den Haag.