Construction Manager/ Superintendent – Malaysia
The Location: Malaysia
Duration: Permanent hire
Working Week: 45 Hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Start Date: Immediate
A USA headquartered business founded in the mid 60’s this organization is a multi-disciplined architectural, engineering, and construction consultancy specialising in food, beverage, commercial, and high-tech manufacturing facilities.
Scope of work
Supervises assigned construction projects and obtains successful cost results with respect to labour and equipment utilization.
- Pre-plans and schedules Jobsite activity as required. Produces and updates a weekly 4-week short interval schedule (integrated with overall project schedule). Oversees field office files.
- Plans and develops construction techniques and methods, materials handling, crew sizes and deployment, equipment requirements, and task sequences.
- Recruits and coordinates training for all hourly job site personnel. Assists in applicable job site training of onsite APM's and Assistant Superintendents.
- Manages requirements of the NPDES. Posts required documentation in compliance with national, state, and local labour laws. Administers company policies and procedures fairly and consistently.
- Prepares Daily Report and communicates project activity to management (Project Manager and Director of Construction).
- Purchases miscellaneous materials and requisitions equipment. Receives and maintains purchased materials and rented equipment.
- Reports, verifies and documents to management extra work requested by Owner, or occasioned by job conditions, which are beyond the original estimate or contract documents.
- Responsible for the layout of accurate lines and grades for all work. Reviews project submittals. Checks and verifies dimensions within the design drawings, and as related to shop drawings.
- Verifies valid/current insurance of all on-site companies.
- Inspects for quality both company-performed work and subcontractors' work and for compliance with engineered drawings. Resolves quality assurance deficiencies.
The Candidate Requirement
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience (Post Qualification) of construction manager experience
- Experience gained on industrial style projects I.e. pharmaceutical/biotech, food, beverage, dairy
- Experience gained on GMP standards is beneficial.
- Experienced in projects from initial design through execution and commissioning